Melanie's Genealogy Quest

My genealogy research journal. Current names I'm researching: Liden (Peterson), Bill, Kampfert, Donovan, Scheifelbien, Zoss, Gfeller, DeGrasse/DeGrace, Fagan, Zukausky(varied spelling)

Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Genealogy slacker

I have done NO research in the last 3 weeks. I guess I need to get my act together again so that I can have everything in order for the NGS conference in just about 2 weeks. Taking up the slack has been my aunt who aquired some info from the FHC that I can't wait to peruse myself. I think this genealogy addiction thing is contagious.
I did find an online class (free!) that may help in reading the older German script.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be watching this one very closely. My own quest in trying to determine that my own Joseph Alexander deGrasse was indeed related to the good Admiral deGrasse brought me to more questions than answers. My good fortune was finding your branch of the family. I've come to feel I know you all very well--wish Washington were'nt so far away. :)

June 23, 2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

THanks for dropping in Karen. Since Joseph and Wilfred were brothers, we are on the same quest in that respect! I'll keep you posted if I find anything else out.

June 23, 2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home